Sunday, 13 June 2010

Hello!

Been a while since I posted, there is always so much too do around the farm as well as finding time to make art. Of late digging out a pond for water storage, ducks, and drainage has been a priority as hurricane season has begun again.

I have quite a few batches of plant fibers to cook up into half stuffs for paper making. I've been letting them dry up and ret on their own to make for a bit less work, hopefuly some will show up in my etsy store before too long :)

Our big excitement was getting the NonProfit paperwork finally approved by the IRS so Creative-tree is a solid foundation and more will be forth coming on that as well. We do have a basic web page up Creative-tree.org and I'll be working on getting pictures of the farm, habitat, animals etc posted, yup always lots to do :)

If you are a paper lover do check out this super post and blog from a fellow etsian, she has done an excellent tutorial on basic papermaking from plant fibers, and makes lovely paper and cards!
http://liz-annaslakesidestudio.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Liz-AnnasOnTheLake said...

Thank you so much for visiting my site and leaving your comment (and for including the url to the tutorial here.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Sounds like you have a lot of wonderful plants to use in your papermaking!

I've tried following your blog but can't get Google connect to work. I'll try again later.